Advanced Open Water Diver
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences.
They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
With the help of Hoi An Diving Center’s experienced Scuba Dive Instructors, you’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
The Fun Part: Your Choice
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from many types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, drift diving, boat diving, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
Get credit! Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Be able to answer “NO” in the RSTC medical statement
- (If you have any “YES” you will need to consult and get a physician’s approval before the commencement of the course)
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is part of PADI eLearning®. The Advanced Open Water Diver Course Online gets you started right now with the background information you need for the seven of the most popular Adventure Dives (though you and your instructor can still choose any of the Adventure Dives.) Start Now!
What You Learn?
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Depending on which three adventure dives you pick, you may also try out underwater photography equipment , lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.
The Learning Materials You Need
Advanced Open Water Crew Pak for scuba lessonsPADI’s Adventures in Diving Manual and DVD provide information on more than 16 types of specialty diving.You’ll use them as a guidebook to improve your diving skills and prepare for new experiences and adventures.
Curious about night diving? Flip to the night diving chapter. Once you’ve previewed the skills, your instructor will guide you on your first night diving adventure. Having trouble with underwater navigation? Review the underwater navigation section then sign up for the Navgation Adventure Dive with your PADI Instructor.
To book your PADI Advanced Open Water course in Hoi An, Vietnam, contact Hoi An Diving Center.
Pricing and Schedule
Your Next Adventure
After you’ve tried a specialty in the Advanced Open Water Diver course, you’ll probably want to take the whole course and learn more:
- AWARE-fish identification
- boat diving
- deep diving
- diver propulsion vehicle (DPV)
- drift diving
- multilevel and computer diving
- night diving
- peak performance buoyancy
- search and recovery
- underwater naturalist
- underwater navigation
- underwater photography
Stop by Hoi An Diving Center in historical Hoi An, Vietnam for more information about PADI Advanced Open Water Courses Program or any other PADI Courses or Training in Hoi An.
You can also check us out on our Facebook page.